Georgia Council of Administrators of Special Education
Nominations for the 2017 Theodore Smith Scholarship Now Open
Theodore Smith devoted his life to education as a teacher and administrator with more than 50 years of service. This award allows Special Education teachers or Special Education paraprofessionals to continue the pursuit of excellence with two scholarships of $1000 each. In addition to the $1000 for higher education, paraprofessionals who are not CEC members will receive a one-year free CEC membership.
· Teachers must be a current CEC member, Paraprofessionals are exempt from this requirement.
· Must be pursuing a higher degree in special education, a bachelors degree in special education (paraprofessionals) or added certification to meet the standards for highly qualified in special education.
· Must be currently employed in a special education teaching position or as a special education paraprofessional with one or more years of experience and have a desire to remain in the profession of education of students with special needs.
· Recipients will provide documentation of how the scholarship will be dispensed.
· Complete application form
· Must include one letter of recommendation from a teacher or administrator that can address your team spirit and teaching skills
· The letter must include an endorsement by a current G-CASE member
· Documentation of acceptance into a degree program within the state of Georgia
· Copy of most recent transcript or grade report
· Completed application must be postmarked by February 28, 2017
· Awards will be made at the GCASE Spring Conference
· If you use Google forms to send in your application please make sure you send in all other required documentation as well
The application, letter of recommendation and school documentation may be submitted by
Google forms: https://goo.gl/forms/qq0lvkWNn8tnZi0t2
email, regular mail or fax to:
Dr. MaryKay Berry, Director Fax: (706) 865-5290
Department of Student Services
White County School System Phone: (706) 865-2315
136 Warriors Path
Cleveland, GA 30528 Email: email@example.com